Okay, so I stumbled upon a post regarding a Mom finding mold inside of her child’s Sophie the Giraffe. Now, I am so not a fan of this particular teether for this exact reason. They can’t be cleaned properly, even with the best of the best cleaning care you can’t get every corner – and for the record if you could get every corner you’d never be able to tell, since you can’t open up these toys / teethers.
Moving on, I think that the parents with this toy should simply discard it – I know it’s no fun throwing away a $25 teether but think about it! It’s molding. Besides, I’m all for Dr. Browns teethers. Easy to clean, BPA Free and my kid loves it!
No shaming Sophie here, it’s a super cute accessory but come on, for $25 it should at least be mold proof! Don’t you think?
The photos below are of the moldy Sophie the Giraffe. The other teether (also a Giraffe..only $15 cheaper.) is the easiest to clean teether we use for our Daughter.
You be the judge!